Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> Make ReviewBoard obligatory?

Make ReviewBoard obligatory?
Hi,

as Camille suggested[1], I've used ReviewBoard in the last weeks for a couple
of issues. I believe it's a very good tool and helps a lot. Actually I ask
myself, how one can do an effective code review without such a tool? It's kind
of time-consuming to download the patch file, inspect it in an editor and post
comments to jira, copy and pasting code lines or typing line numbers.

What do you think? Would it be good to strongly encourage the use of
ReviewBoard for every change whose patch file is longer then ~30 lines? I also
think, that the current process of using ReviewBoard is time-consuming. But if
that should be the reason to reject a review tool, then you might have a look
to my suggestion of using Gerrit at the ASF[2].

I scanned the wiki[3][4] and didn't find ReviewBoard mentioned. ZOOKEEPER-1172
is an example of an (I believe) new contributor, who didn't know about
ReviewBoard and also didn't correctly fill the ReviewRequest. I believe that
the review process could become easier for the committers, if people would
default to open review requests.

[1] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.hadoop.zookeeper.devel/10095
[2] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.infrastructure.devel/1361
[3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/HowToContribute