HDFS >> mail # user >> our experiences with various filesystems and tuning options

+
Ferdy Galema 2011-05-05, 20:45
+
ShengChang Gu 2011-05-06, 02:00
+
Ferdy Galema 2011-05-06, 07:44
+
Rita 2011-05-06, 22:04
+
Eric 2011-05-09, 09:33
+
Jonathan Disher 2011-05-10, 00:07
+
Will Maier 2011-05-10, 01:22
+
Rita 2011-05-10, 04:03
+
Jonathan Disher 2011-05-10, 06:46
Re: our experiences with various filesystems and tuning options

On May 9, 2011, at 11:46 PM, Jonathan Disher wrote:

> I cant speak for Will, but I'm actually going against recommendations, my systems have three 20TB RAID 6 arrays, with two 10TB ext4 filesystems per array.
>
> The problems you will encounter keeping machines performing well after they get internally unbalanced following disk failures and replacements (and keeping machines online with non-standard configs, missing disks, etc) will drive you nuts.  It drives me nuts.

This sounds more like you just don't have enough nodes if you are that concerned about single machine performance. :)
+
Jonathan Disher 2011-05-10, 21:24
+
Will Maier 2011-05-10, 10:30