Accumulo >> mail # dev >> MiniCluster and "provided" scope dependencies

+
Josh Elser 2013-09-24, 15:57
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-24, 16:31
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-24, 16:48
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-24, 16:58
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-24, 17:20
+
Steve Loughran 2013-09-24, 17:55
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-24, 18:14
Re: MiniCluster and "provided" scope dependencies
MiniAccumuloCluster has the option of starting HDFS, since LocalFS doesn't
support flush and all the WAL tests fail on it.

-Eric

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 2:14 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Steve,
>
> Thanks for the insight -- I think I may have caused some confused.
> Previously, I was only referring to the Accumulo minicluster module.
> We have some profiles in Accumulo for hadoop1 and hadoop2 which
> attempt to insulate us from upstream dependency "fun". In the released
> versions of the Accumulo minicluster, I believe we only have support
> to use the local fs (no Hadoop minicluster). I think in Accumulo-1.6
> we have support for our Accumulo minicluster to use the Hadoop
> minicluster. This is all good information to have as we figure out
> what's best. The input is appreciated!
>
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 1:55 PM, Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Hadoop 2 actually has a specific mini cluster component/pom, which is
> what
> > you get to depend on there. It's dependencies aer still going to be a
> mess
> > until someone sits down to fix HADOOP-9991; but at least now you can be
> > slightly more selective
> >

> > On 24 September 2013 18:20, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> Oh, I see your point now. For hadoop 1 over hadoop 2 we would just use
> >> the same profiles that we have in place. We could look into using a
> >> classifier when deploying these artifacts so users can pull down a
> >> version of minicluster that is compatible with hadoop2 without forcing
> >> them to build it themselves.
> >>
> >> Given that we already *have* hadoop-1.x listed as the default
> >> dependency, I don't really see that as being an issue.
> >>

> > --
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> that
> immediately