Accumulo >> mail # user >> VersioningIterator - Latest version

RE: VersioningIterator - Latest version
So my table has maxversions set to 99999 for the table so that rows are kept for every instance of a KVP update.  And during some scan operations (not all) the user would like to see the latest version of each row.  So the answer to your question, "Are you trying to keep more than one version stored, but only see one version when scanning?" is yes.  Are you suggesting that in the case where I want a scanner to return only one instance of each RowID I can set that scanner to maxVersion=1 and get that result?

An example rowset of a table that has maxVersion=99999:

BOB person:father [public] 1234567892 Hello world!
BOB person:father [public] 1234567891 Hello world!
BOB person:father [public] 1234567890 Hello world!
BOB person:uncle [public] 1234567892 Hello world!
BOB person:uncle [public] 1234567891 Hello world!
BOB person:uncle [public] 1234567890 Hello world!
BOB person:brother [public] 1234567892 Hello world!
BOB person:brother [public] 1234567891 Hello world!
BOB person:brother [public] 1234567890 Hello world!

Scanner with maxVersion=1 results in:

BOB person:father [public] 1234567892 Hello world!
BOB person:uncle [public] 1234567892 Hello world!
BOB person:brother [public] 1234567892 Hello world!

Is it possible to set a scanner with a VersioningIterator that has maxVersions=1?