Hive >> mail # user >> upgrading hadoop package

+
Shouguo Li 2011-09-01, 18:41
Re: upgrading hadoop package
Hi Li
      AFAIK 0.21 is not really a stable version of hadoop . So if this upgrade is on a production cluster it'd be better to go in with 0.20.203.
Regards
Bejoy K S

-----Original Message-----
From: Shouguo Li <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 11:41:46
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: upgrading hadoop package

hey guys,

i'm planning to upgrade my hadoop cluster from 0.20.1 to 0.21 to take
advantage of new bz2 splitting feature. i found a simple upgrade guide,
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hadoop_Upgrade
but i can't find anything that's related to hive. do we need to do anything
for hive? is the migration transparent to hive?
thx!