Accumulo, mail # user - Straggler problem in Accumulo BatchScans

Re: Straggler problem in Accumulo BatchScans
Eric Newton 2013-08-22, 00:03
A new balancer is a plug-in class that instructs the Master process where
to place tablets.

If you know you need your tablets spread out over servers based on time
(row id), you can do that.  It's pretty common, in fact.

-Eric