HBase, mail # user - Hbase Hardware requirement

Re: Hbase Hardware requirement
Jack Levin 2011-06-07, 17:17
Depends on the load.  We have huge cluster running, 4 x 2 TB disks,
Core 2 Duo 2.5 Ghz, 8 GB RAM, with 60 nodes, using it mostly for
binary cold storage of photos, with very low access rates, and
moderate write rates.

Second cluster, is Core i7 Quad (hyperthreaded) 3.0Ghz , with 16GB
RAM, 4x2TB drives 20 nodes.  Powering yfrog.com metadata, lots of
writes and lots of reads, user facing.  The cost per node is about
$1200.00 (commodity desktop mobo).

-Jack