Hadoop >> mail # user >> High Availability Framework for HDFS Namenode in 2.0.0

+
Shi Yu 2012-05-03, 14:28
+
Harsh J 2012-05-03, 15:17
+
Shi Yu 2012-05-03, 15:38
Re: High Availability Framework for HDFS Namenode in 2.0.0
Hi Shi,

The 20% regression was prior to implementing a few optimizations on the
branch. Here's the later comment:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-1623?focusedCommentId=13218813&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13218813

Also, the 20% measurement was on a particular stress test designed to
target exactly the metadata code path we figured there might be performance
impact.

So on typical clusters with typical workloads, you shouldn't find any
measurable difference.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon