HBase >> mail # dev >> Re: HBase - stable versions

Re: HBase - stable versions
Hi Lars,

Thanks for starting the discussion.

My 2¢:
I think we should keep 0.94 going for at least few minor releases. To apply
big fixes and performances fixes. However, new features should only go into
0.96 and should now not be backported anymore. That way we can keep 0,94
stable, but we can also encourage people to move to 0.96.

I personnaly have a 0.94 cluster that I will keep for few more month
because I don't have the ressouces to test the 0.96 migration yet. I guess
I'm not the only one in that situation. Many will want to see 0.96 being
0.96.3 or more before starting the migration...

I will not set a specific period of time for 0.94 to be maintain, but more
looking at the number of fixes done, and the interest for it, and
re-evaluate in few month.

JM