Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] remove packaging

[DISCUSS] remove packaging
Hey guys,

Heads up: I filed HADOOP-8925 to remove the packaging from trunk and
branch-2.  The packages are not currently being built, were never
updated for MR2/YARN, I'm not aware of anyone planning to do this work
or maintain them, etc. No sense in letting them continue to bit rot in
the code base.

Thanks,
Eli