Pig, mail # user - DBStorage to LOAD data via a SQL query?

+
Russell Jurney 2012-04-28, 07:22
Re: DBStorage to LOAD data via a SQL query?
Prashant Kommireddi 2012-04-29, 19:04
Russell,

Looking at source code for DBStorage, seems like it does exactly that. Can
you try it out?

public DBStorage(String driver, String jdbcURL, String user, String pass,
      String insertQuery, String batchSize)

Thanks,
Prashant

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 12:22 AM, Russell Jurney
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Is it possible to use DBStorage to load data from MySQL by running a
> suppled SQL query? Something like:
>
> mydata = LOAD 'jdbc://localhost/enron' USING DBStorage('SELECT foo.value1,
> bar.value2 FROM foo JOIN bar on foo.bar_id = bar.id');
>

> Even if I have to LOAD AS and specify a schema, that would be great.
>
> It is problematic that there are no docs for DBStorage. If someone clues me
> in, I'll write it up :)
>
> --
> Russell Jurney twitter.com/rjurney [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> datasyndrome.com

+
Russell Jurney 2012-04-29, 19:09
+