Pig >> mail # user >> tar.gz to cdh3 package

tar.gz to cdh3 package
I tried out hadoop/pig in my test environment using tar.gz's.  Before I roll
out to production, I thought I'd try the cdh3 pacakges, as that might be
easier to maintain (since I'm not a sysadmin).  Following cloudera's install
guide worked like a charm, but I couldn't get pig to run until I did this:

sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -mkdir /tmp
sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -chmod 777 /tmp

Maybe I missed the hows & whys of that setting in the install guide/forums,
but just wanted to give a heads up to anyone else that gets "ERROR 6002:
Unable to obtain a temporary path." and is puzzled at why...

will
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2011-07-08, 19:00
+