HBase >> mail # user >> How to set HBase ACL for groups ?

+
takeshi 2014-01-09, 03:59
Re: How to set HBase ACL for groups ?
To grant privileges to a group, just prefix the group name with '@' in the
grant command.  For example, to grant global read/write privileges to the
group "mygroup" in the shell, you would use:

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 7:59 PM, takeshi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I read following section talking about ACL for group in HBase book
> > 3. HBase managed "roles" as collections of permissions: We will not model
> "roles" internally in HBase to begin with. We instead allow group names to
> be granted permissions, which allows external modeling of roles via group
> membership. Groups are created and manipulated externally to HBase, via the
> Hadoop group mapping service.
>
> So I'd like to try on the *group names to be granted permissions*, how do I
> do for the settings ?
>
> HBase version: 0.99.0
> reference: http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#d2907e5580
>
> Best regards