HBase >> mail # user >> HBaseTestingUtility on windows

+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-08-03, 04:01
+
N Keywal 2012-08-03, 06:00
+
Jerry Lam 2012-08-03, 18:44
Re: HBaseTestingUtility on windows
I ran test from cygwin but it fails here. Could someone help me with how to
go about fixing this issue?

java.io.IOException: Expecting a line not the end of stream
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.DF.parseExecResult(DF.java:117)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.runCommand(Shell.java:237)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.run(Shell.java:182)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.DF.getFilesystem(DF.java:63)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeResourceChecker.addDirsToCheck(NameNodeResourceChecker.java:93)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeResourceChecker.<init>(NameNodeResourceChecker.java:73)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.initialize(FSNamesystem.java:354)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.<init>(FSNamesystem.java:333)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.initialize(NameNode.java:271)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.<init>(NameNode.java:465)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.createNameNode(NameNode.java:1251)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.MiniDFSCluster.<init>(MiniDFSCluster.java:278)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseTestingUtility.startMiniDFSCluster(HBaseTestingUtility.java:226)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseTestingUtility.startMiniCluster(HBaseTestingUtility.java:348)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseTestingUtility.startMiniCluster(HBaseTestingUtility.java:293)
at
com.intuit.cg.services.dp.analytics.hbase.SessionTimelineDAOTest.initCluster(SessionTimelineDAOTest.java:44)
at
org.apache.maven.surefire.testng.TestNGExecutor.run(TestNGExecutor.java:61)
at
org.apache.maven.surefire.testng.TestNGDirectoryTestSuite.executeMulti(TestNGDirectoryTestSuite.java:163)
at
org.apache.maven.surefire.testng.TestNGDirectoryTestSuite.execute(TestNGDirectoryTestSuite.java:112)
at
org.apache.maven.surefire.testng.TestNGProvider.invoke(TestNGProvider.java:111)
at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ProviderFactory$ClassLoaderProxy.invoke(ProviderFactory.java:103)
at $Proxy0.invoke(Unknown Source)
at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireStarter.invokeProvider(SurefireStarter.java:145)
at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireStarter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireStarter.java:87)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:69)
On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Jerry Lam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Mohit:
>
> You might need to install Cygwin if the tool has dependency on Linux
> command like bash.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Jerry
>
> On Friday, August 3, 2012, N Keywal wrote:
>
> > Hi Mohit,
> >
> > For simple cases, it works for me for hbase 0.94 at least. But I'm not
> > sure it works for all features. I've never tried to run hbase unit
> > tests on windows for example.
> >
> > N.
> >
> > On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 6:01 AM, Mohit Anchlia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <javascript:;>>
>  > wrote:
> > > I am trying to run mini cluster using HBaseTestingUtility Class from
> > hbase
> > > tests on windows, but I get "bash command error". Is it not possible to
> > run
> > > this utility class on windows?
> > >
> > > I followed this example:
> > >

> http://blog.sematext.com/2010/08/30/hbase-case-study-using-hbasetestingutility-for-local-testing-development/