HBase, mail # user - Announcing Phoenix: A SQL layer over HBase

Re: Announcing Phoenix: A SQL layer over HBase
James Taylor 2013-02-01, 16:49
Thanks, everyone, and sorry to keep you waiting :-)

We're using Phoenix in lots of different use cases and product areas at
Salesforce:
Product Metrics
Data Archival
Server Metrics and Monitoring
Trending over time-series data
Reporting

I'll go into more detail on a future post at my blog:
http://phoenix-hbase.blogspot.com. Was thinking to start with the topic
of "Performance Tuning of Phoenix (i.e. what are all the knobs and
dials)", then "How to add your own built-in function". I folks have
other topics of interest drop me a line over there.

Regards,

     James