HBase >> mail # user >> What is causing my mappers to execute so damn slow?

Re: What is causing my mappers to execute so damn slow?
Your details are missing important bits like you configurations,
Hadoop/HBase versions, etc.

Doing those random reads inside your MR job, especially if they are reading
cold data, will indeed make it slower. Just to get an idea, if you skip
doing the Gets, how fast does it became?

J-D