Hive >> mail # user >> hive-0.10 and nullpointerexception

+
Marcin Cylke 2013-02-13, 15:13
+
Mark Grover 2013-02-13, 16:34
+
Marcin Cylke 2013-02-19, 09:08
+
Mark Grover 2013-02-19, 23:19
+
Marcin Cylke 2013-02-25, 09:05
Re: hive-0.10 and nullpointerexception
Sorry for the delayed response, Marcin, I was away.

This error in the Gist means that the jar containing the class in
question is not on your classpath.
Exception in thread "Thread-39" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/util/HostUtil
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.shims.Hadoop23Shims.getTaskAttemptLogUrl(Hadoop23Shims.java:53)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.JobDebugger$TaskInfoGrabber.getTaskInfos(JobDebugger.java:186)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.JobDebugger$TaskInfoGrabber.run(JobDebugger.java:142)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.util.HostUtil
... 4 more

So if you add the appropriate jar (hadoop-mapreduce jar?) to your
classpath, that should take you further.Have you tried that?

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 4:01 AM, Marcin Cylke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 25/02/13 10:05, Marcin Cylke wrote:
>
>> I'll build the trunk and try to test it. Then I'll let you know if that
>> helped.
>
> I've just performed the test on current trunk. The problem is still
> there, no changes.
>
> Any ideas? Perhaps my config says something interesting? I've added it
> to the GIST: https://gist.github.com/zygm0nt/5028591#file-hive-site-xml
>
> The config consists some addidional parameters, but I don't think they
> would influence MapReduce behavior.
>
> Regards
> Marcin

+