Avro >> mail # user >> Apache Avro Encoding types?

+
Raihan Jamal 2013-09-17, 07:34
Re: Apache Avro Encoding types?
Avro's primary encoding is binary.  JSON is useful for debugging and
for interoperability with other JSON-based systems.  The binary
encoding is much smaller and faster than JSON.  Avro data files and
RPC support only the binary encoding.

Doug

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 12:34 AM, Raihan Jamal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have recently started using Apache Avro and I am having some doubts on
> that. I was reading the article on the internet and I found out that-
>
> There are two ways to encode data when serializing with Avro: binary or
> JSON.
>
> So I was thinking when we should use JSON and when we should use Binary? And
> what are the advantages/disadvantages for this? And which one is mainly
> preferable to use in production environment.
>
> Our use case is pretty simple. We need to store the data in Cassandra for a
> given user id. Suppose the column name is `e1`, then I will be storing
> column `e` value into Cassandra for specific user id.
>
> Any help will be appreciated on this.. Thanks
>

> Raihan Jamal
+
Raihan Jamal 2013-09-18, 03:14
+