Pig >> mail # user >> Reduce Tasks

+
Mohit Anchlia 2013-02-01, 22:42
+
Harsha 2013-02-01, 22:44
Re: Reduce Tasks
Thanks! Is there a downside of reducing number of reducers? I am trying to
alleviate high CPU.

With low reducers using parallel clause does it mean that more data is
processed by each reducer or does it mean how many reducers can be active
at one time

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Harsha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mohit,
>      you can use PARALLEL clause to specify reduce tasks. More info here
> http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.8.1/cookbook.html#Use+the+Parallel+Features
>
> --
> Harsha
>

> On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 2:42 PM, Mohit Anchlia wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to specify max number of reduce tasks that a job should
> span
> > in pig script without having to restart the cluster?

+
Harsha 2013-02-01, 23:15
+
Mohit Anchlia 2013-02-02, 00:53