Hive >> mail # user >> hive query is very slow,why?

+
ch huang 2013-07-19, 01:29
+
Stephen Boesch 2013-07-19, 01:34
+
ch huang 2013-07-19, 02:08
Re: hive query is very slow,why?
Huang, the number of records are huge and we do not know what your table
definition is or what your cluster capacity is?

there are multiple reasons that query is slow
Can you share all the details on
1) Whats your table definition?
2) Whats the cluster capacity?
3) when you launched query did the cluster have enough capacity to start
your job ?
4) how many mappers were launched and how many are getting executed in
parallel?

others may ask other questions as well

--
Nitin Pawar