HBase, mail # user - Coprocessor end point vs MapReduce?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-10-18, 00:11
+
Michael Segel 2012-10-18, 00:27
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-10-18, 01:19
+
Michael Segel 2012-10-18, 01:31
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-10-18, 01:44
+
Michael Segel 2012-10-18, 01:50
+
Anoop Sam John 2012-10-18, 04:20
+
Doug Meil 2012-10-18, 12:36
+
Michael Segel 2012-10-18, 18:01
+
Doug Meil 2012-10-18, 19:18
RE: Coprocessor end point vs MapReduce?
Anoop Sam John 2012-10-19, 03:33
A CP and Endpoints operates at a region level.. Any operation within one region we can perform using this..  I have seen in below use case that along with the delete there was a need for inserting data to some other table also.. Also this was kind of a periodic action.. I really doubt how the endpoints alone can be used here.. I also tend towards the MR..

  The idea behind the bulk delete CP is simple.  We have a use case of deleting a bulk of rows and this need to be online delete. I also have seen in the mailing list many people ask question regarding that... In all people were using scans and get the rowkeys to the client side and then doing the deletes..  Yes most of the time complaint was the slowness..  One bulk delete performance improvement was done in HBASE-6284..  Still thought we can do all the operation (scan+delete) in server side and we can make use of the endpoints here.. This will be much more faster and can be used for online bulk deletes..

-Anoop-