Hive, mail # dev - Merge vectorization branch to trunk

Re: Merge vectorization branch to trunk
Carl Steinbach 2013-09-10, 01:44
> First of all I'd like to say thanks for your hard work!  I also agree
> that this should go in post 0.12 branch.

Ditto.

As far as merging this into trunk goes, we're currently hamstrung
by the fact that the Hive Bylaws don't include any provisions covering
development work done on feature branches. Consequently,
the only option currently available for getting this merged into trunk is
to treat it like a regular patch, i.e. file a JIRA ticket, post a patch for
review, get a +1 vote and then wait 24 hours before doing the
actual commit.

I think we should consider amending the bylaws to include the
feature branch provisions that are currently found in the Hadoop
project bylaws:

http://hadoop.apache.org/bylaws.html

Thanks.

Carl