HBase >> mail # user >> 0.94.2 failing regionservers

+
Bryan Beaudreault 2013-03-04, 17:00
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-03-04, 17:41
+
Bryan Beaudreault 2013-03-04, 17:53
+
Ted Yu 2013-03-04, 17:51
Re: 0.94.2 failing regionservers
In the stack trace, I see HFileReaderV1.java
I would expect your store files to be upgraded to HFile v2 after cluster
upgrade.

Can you tell us more about how you upgraded your clusters ?

Thanks

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 9:00 AM, Bryan Beaudreault
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> We recently upgraded multiple clusters to CDH 4.2, which comes with hbase
> 0.94.2  Since then We've seen region servers die periodically in a way I
> never saw before on CDH3.
>
> Here are the exceptions:
>
> First I see a slew of these: http://pastebin.com/WqSwMzuZ
>
> Then the regionserver starts closing all its regions, after throwing this
> exception: http://pastebin.com/396wX3iw
>
> This has now happened on multiple servers across multiple clusters, all cdh
> 4.2.
>
> Any thoughts?  During the time our NameNodes seem to be doing fine and I
> don't see any issue on our datanodes either.

+
Bryan Beaudreault 2013-03-04, 17:20
+
Ted Yu 2013-03-04, 17:23