Hive, mail # user - Connecting to Hive

+
ur lops 2013-04-10, 17:47
Re: Connecting to Hive
Nitin Pawar 2013-04-10, 18:09
hello Rob,

hive does have both jdbc and hiverserver as well so you can connect them
remotely.
the issue here would be more of
1) how will you keep the data in sync between hive and your datastore
2) There are plenty of queries which work on properietary databases but
will not work on hive as it is
3) how are you planning to decide which query goes to which datastore?

Others will have far more details questions as well but never heard anyone
doing a dual live setup where queries can run anywhere on traditional data
stores as well as hive on the fly

--
Nitin Pawar