HDFS >> mail # dev >> Integrating Lustre and HDFS

Re: Integrating Lustre and HDFS
On Jun 10, 2010, at 8:27 PM, Vikas Ashok Patil wrote:

> Thanks for the replies.
>
> If I have fs.default.name = file://my_lustre_mount_point , then only the
> lustre filesystem will be used. I would like to have something like
>
> fs.default.name=file://my_lustre_mount_point , hdfs://localhost:9123
>
> so that both local filesystem and lustre are in use.
>
> Kindly correct me if I am missing something here.

I guess we're all confused as to your use case.  Why do you want to run two distributed file systems on the same nodes?  Why can't you use Lustre for all your needs?

As to fs.default.name, you can only have one.  [That's why it is a default. *smile*]  If you want to access more than one file system from within MapReduce, you'll need to specify it explicitly.