Accumulo >> mail # user >> Why Would Accumulo v1.4.1 Run Major Compaction on a One Tablet Table?

+
David Medinets 2013-02-01, 20:10
+
Keith Turner 2013-02-01, 20:25
Re: Why Would Accumulo v1.4.1 Run Major Compaction on a One Tablet Table?
What is the relationship between rfiles and splits? hadoop fs -l
/accumulo/tables/or/default_tablet is showing 12 rfiles. I see some
.tmp rfile as well. My table still has just one split though. Maybe I
am mixing up the Accumulo representation of the data with Accumulo's
representation?

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 3:10 PM, David Medinets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Why Would Accumulo v1.4.1 Run Major Compaction on a One Tablet Table?
>> Brand new table. No splits No deletes. Just slamming inserts as fast
>> as possible.
>
> As data is inserted new files are produced via minor compaction.
> Eventually some of the files will be merged into one file via major
> compaction.
+
Christopher 2013-02-02, 17:26
+