HBase >> mail # dev >> org.apache.hadoop.hbase vs org.apache.hbase namespace

+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-02-07, 07:46
+
Stack 2013-02-07, 17:36
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-02-07, 17:10
Re: org.apache.hadoop.hbase vs org.apache.hbase namespace
There have been previous discussions about changing.  I don't recall the
exact conclusions, but if we did change we would break every java client
there.  Is the benefit really worth the mass incompatibility?
On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Jonathan Hsieh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Related question, any reason (other than lack of inertia) why we are
> still org.apache.hadoop.hbase instead of org.apache.hbase?
>
> Jon.
>
> On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 11:46 PM, Matteo Bertozzi
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Is there a reason why the prefix-tree and cell code is inside
> > org.apache.hbase instead of the traditional org.apache.hadoop.hbase?
>

> --
> // Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
> // Software Engineer, Cloudera
> // [EMAIL PROTECTED]