Accumulo, mail # user - Uneven distribute of Hosted Tablets?

+
Ott, Charles H. 2013-05-30, 15:22
Re: Uneven distribute of Hosted Tablets?
David Medinets 2013-05-30, 20:33
Don't worry about splits until you have a few billion entries and a lot
more servers. What you're seeing now is just a bad signal to noise ratio.
On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Ott, Charles H. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> First I want to say thanks to the you all.  The information provided by
> this mailing list has been invaluable to me and I appreciate it.****
>
> ** **
>
> My newest concern is the uneven allocation of hosted tablets across my
> tablet servers:****
>
> ** **
>
> (Image Pasted below here)****
>
> ****
>
> (Image Pasted above here)****
>
> ** **
>
> I have been reading about pre-splitting tables in the Accumulo guide.  But
> I am not sure if that would be the ‘fix’ for this.  (Or even if this needs
> fixing.)****
>
> ** **
>
> I have 3 tables that could potentially grow to *n* number of records.
> Currently of those tables (and there single tablet) reside on the
> 1620-accumulo server (Hosting 24 tablets).****
>
> ** **
>
> Since there is already several entries on those tables, would splitting
> them be appropriate?  Does splitting guarantee that the new tablets will be
> allocated to Node1 instead of Node 3? Or perhaps could I “re-balance” the
> cluster so that all of the tablet servers host an approximately equal
> number of tablets?****
>
> ** **
>
> These tablet servers were all brought up at separate times and I have not
> performed any optimizations or custom operations on them.****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks,****