MapReduce >> mail # user >> Regarding loading Image file into HDFS

+
Ramasubramanian Narayanan... 2012-11-07, 14:52
Re: Regarding loading Image file into HDFS
Hi,

Blocks are split at arbitrary block size boundaries. Readers can read
the whole file by reading all blocks together (this is transparently
handled by the underlying DFS reader classes itself, a developer does
not have to care about it).

HDFS does not care about what _type_ of file you store, its agnostic
and just splits it based on the block size. Its up to the apps to not
split a reader across blocks if it can't be parallelized.

--
Harsh J