MapReduce, mail # user - Regarding loading Image file into HDFS

+
Ramasubramanian Narayanan... 2012-11-07, 14:52
Re: Regarding loading Image file into HDFS
Harsh J 2012-11-07, 15:04
Hi,

Blocks are split at arbitrary block size boundaries. Readers can read
the whole file by reading all blocks together (this is transparently
handled by the underlying DFS reader classes itself, a developer does
not have to care about it).

HDFS does not care about what _type_ of file you store, its agnostic
and just splits it based on the block size. Its up to the apps to not
split a reader across blocks if it can't be parallelized.

--
Harsh J