HBase >> mail # dev >> Re: Rebuild HBASE Table to reduce Regions per RS

Re: Rebuild HBASE Table to reduce Regions per RS
Is there a way I can Merge w/o explicitly mentioning the region names. I
have got a total of 50000 regions. There's no way I am going to name each
and every region. Otherway is to MIRROR a new table. Use Map Reduce job to
copy data from old table. Delete Old Table. And Rename new table. What do
you think. I was almost inclined to used MERGE but looks like that's not
the way.

Thanks
Upender