HBase, mail # user - hbase 0.94.4 with hadoop 0.23.5

Re: hbase 0.94.4 with hadoop 0.23.5
Stack 2013-01-29, 04:38
On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 6:26 PM, Viral Bajaria <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Just closing the loop here, it might help someone else to hand patch their
> build process before I get the patches in the hadoop branch, no changes
> required for hbase.
>
> I backported the latest version of KerberosUtil from hadoop 2.0 branch and
> recompiled hadoop-common/hadoop-auth and then installed the jar out to my
> local maven repository. Ran the command "mvn clean package
> -Dhadoop.profile=23" and I was able to build hbase against hadoop 0.23. Now
> starts the more painful part of making sure everything works during runtime
> :-)

Thanks for digging in Viral.
> Stack, I noticed that in all profiles except 0.23 there is hadoop-core or
> hadoop-common includes, while in 0.23 there is only hadoop-client as a
> dependency and there is no mention for hadoop-common or hadoop-auth
> anywhere, do they get pulled in due to other dependencies ? Just trying to
> understand the whole build process for hbase.

IIRC, the 0.23 profile was made a while back and few use it so it may have
rotted.  I wouldn't presume too much about what is and what is not
included.  Feel free to mod it as you see fit.

Good on you Vira,
St.Ack