Accumulo, mail # dev - SVN to GIt INFRA ticket submitted

Re: SVN to GIt INFRA ticket submitted
Josh Elser 2013-07-15, 02:12
Bad news about the 1.4 to 1.5 merge: there's a lot of conflicts to work
through (hundreds of conflicts). As we thought, this is likely due to
the removal of the extra 'src' dir in 1.4 and earlier.

1.5 to 1.6 (master) has a few conflicts but looks easy to resolve.

I don't know enough about git-svn to say if there's a something we can
do in SVN land to make the merge better or not. IMO, it may be better to
just bite the bullet, resolve the conflicts in the merge, and just get
on with our lives using Git.

I can volunteer to work through it, but I assume there will be more than
one case where I don't know the correct way to resolve the conflict.