Hadoop >> mail # user >> how to figure out the range of a split that failed?

Re: how to figure out the range of a split that failed?
Thanks for the response. I went to the web page you told me and several
other pages that I found.
I am still not sure if I got it right.
If I am trying to increment COUNTER_MAP_PROCESS_RECORDS using Hadoop
Streaming, is the example below the way to do it? (assuming that I am using
c++)

example:
cerr << "reporter:counter:counters,linecount,1" << endl;

I wrote the example by referring to "
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-1328?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
"
Am I doing it right?