HBase >> mail # user >> Questions about HBase replication

+
Varun Sharma 2013-05-19, 19:13
+
lars hofhansl 2013-05-20, 03:49
+
Varun Sharma 2013-05-20, 07:35
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-05-20, 16:57
+
Varun Sharma 2013-05-20, 22:48
Re: Questions about HBase replication
On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Varun Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks JD for the response... I was just wondering if issues have ever been
> seen with regards to moving over a large number of WAL(s) entirely from one
> region server to another since that would double the replication related
> load on the one server which takes over.

We only move the znodes, no data is actually being re-written.

> Another side question: After the WAL has been replicated - is it purged
> immediately or soonish from the zookeeper ?

The WAL's znode reference is deleted immediately. The actual WAL will
be deleted according to the chain of log cleaners.

J-D
+
Varun Sharma 2013-05-20, 23:06
+