HBase, mail # dev - HBASE-7088 ready to commit ;)

Re: HBASE-7088 ready to commit ;)
Andrew Purtell 2013-12-19, 01:22
I don't see how more votes will increase the quality of design. Your
participation in the community and providing of feedback will increase the
quality of design, and code too if you volunteer time to do code review on
JIRAs and reviews.apache.org.

I can understand the motivation of adding friction. We already provide
substantial friction as part of the normal Apache process of having Release
Managers. If LarsH or Stack go away for a month, we probably won't have
commits to 0.94 or 0.96 during that time. I'm not convinced we need more
friction than this so I'm not in favor of the policy as it is currently
written in the online manual. That said, I certainly have an open mind
about this subject. Perhaps there is some evidence that more friction is
warranted?

Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)