Hadoop, mail # general - [DISCUSS] - YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop

+
Arun C Murthy 2012-07-26, 01:40
+
Edward J. Yoon 2012-07-26, 02:09
+
Mahadev Konar 2012-07-26, 04:44
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-07-26, 02:03
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-07-26, 02:11
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-07-26, 02:30
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-07-26, 06:16
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-07-26, 15:00
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-07-26, 17:20
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-07-26, 17:40
+
Robert Evans 2012-07-26, 14:28
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-07-26, 15:00
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-07-26, 17:09
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-07-27, 03:20
+
Zizon Qiu 2012-07-27, 03:41
+
Harsh J 2012-07-27, 05:58
+
Steve Loughran 2012-07-27, 19:01
+
Tom White 2012-07-26, 14:23
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-07-26, 15:10
+
Steve Loughran 2012-07-26, 17:02
+
Luke Lu 2012-07-26, 17:55
+
Steve Loughran 2012-07-26, 16:59
+
Jun Ping Du 2012-07-26, 23:03
Re: [DISCUSS] - YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop
Ahmed Radwan 2012-07-26, 20:32
Thanks Arun! +1, this organization makes sense. Also, what will be the
strategy for applications other than MapReduce going forward. Will
they be part of YARN or separate sub-projects like MapReduce? They now
live inside hadoop-yarn-applications. I think they can remain there,
and when getting mature enough, they can either become separate
sub-projects, or even TLPs based on how large and independent they
are. Thoughts?

Best Regards
Ahmed

--