HBase >> mail # user >> Using the Hadoop bundled in the lib directory of HBase

Re: Using the Hadoop bundled in the lib directory of HBase
After a few false starts, what I have done is: fetch the 0.20.2 release of
hadoop core (which appears to be common + dfs + mapred), install it,
delete hadoop/hadoop-core.jar, unpack the hbase distribution, copy its
lib/hadoop-core-...jar file to hadoop/hadoop-...-core.jar, configure, and
test.  It seems to be working.  Is that what you expected?  Should I
expect subtle problems?

If that was the right procedure, this could be explained a little more
clearly at (http://hbase.apache.org/notsoquick.html#hadoop).  The first
thing that set me on the wrong path was the statement that I have to
either build my own Hadoop or use Cloudera; apparently that's not right, I
can use a built release if I replace one jar in it.  That web page says "
If you want to run HBase on an Hadoop cluster that is other than a version
made from branch-0.20.append " (which is my case, using a standard
release) "you must replace the hadoop jar found in the HBase lib directory
with the hadoop jar you are running out on your cluster to avoid version
mismatch issues" --- but I think it's the other way around in my case.

Thanks,
Mike Spreitzer
SMTP: [EMAIL PROTECTED], Lotus Notes: Mike Spreitzer/Watson/IBM
Office phone: +1-914-784-6424 (IBM T/L 863-)
AOL Instant Messaging: M1k3Sprtzr