Sqoop >> mail # user >> Mapping of relational tables and join keys to HBase

+
Saiph Kappa 2013-12-18, 18:08
Re: Mapping of relational tables and join keys to HBase
Hey there,

Have you checked out
http://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.4.4/SqoopUserGuide.html#_importing_data_into_hbase?
The row key will be what ever column you are splitting by, unless
--hbase-row-key option is specified. With a join, this should be no
different. The resulting columns of the join will end up in HBase under the
same column family using column names for columns in Hbase.

-Abe
On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 10:08 AM, Saiph Kappa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me how sqoop maps relational keys to hbase keys?
>
> For instance, in mysql, if I have table Location with columns id, address,
> city, country, where the last two are foreign keys to tables City and
> Country, how is this mapped to HBase? Will we still have a table City and
> Country?
>
> Or, if we have tables Consumer, Provider, and Transaction (which is just
> to join the other two tables when a transaction happens), how is this
> situation mapped to hbase (in terms of tables and generated keys).
>
> Thanks.

+
Saiph Kappa 2013-12-23, 18:29
+