Chukwa >> mail # user >> Deadlock happening in ChukwaDailyRollingFileAppender

+
Abhijit Dhar 2012-06-22, 16:50
+
Eric Yang 2012-06-24, 19:20
+
Abhijit Dhar 2012-06-25, 01:27
+
Eric Yang 2012-06-25, 02:55
Re: Deadlock happening in ChukwaDailyRollingFileAppender
Hi Eric,

I tried SocketAppender with SocketAdaptor, but I'm having 3 trouble points:

First, SocketAppender does not use Pattern Layout. I need to format my logs
so that I can parse it at the collector end.
Second, I need to dynamically add the adaptors to the agent with a dynamic
name for the recordType. How can I do this with SocketAppender? Is there a
method that I can override( Like, I could override setRecordType() in
ChukwaDailyRollingFileAppender)
Third, I dont seem to get multiple lines. I debugged and the chunks on the
collector side are only getting the first line for a stack trace for
example. What am I doing wrong?
My setup is this:
log4j.appender.J=org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender
log4j.appender.J.RemoteHost=localhost
log4j.appender.J.Port=9095

And I simple log like logger.error("Expected Test error occured", e);

Thanks,
Abhijit