Chukwa >> mail # dev >> Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Apr 2013 ([ppmc])

On Tuesday, April 9, 2013, Alan Cabrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Apr 8, 2013, at 11:43 PM, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 9:35 PM, Alan Cabrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>>> will

>> Its not about transparency Alan its about fostering an environment that
>> will encourage participation.
>
> As mentors we also have a responsibility to the ASF and the wider
community to be transparent about the reality of projects.  We shall agree
to disagree.

>>> mentor

>>> metrics that we all agree on as to what constitutes a viable project.
>>>>

>> Lets have that discussion general@. One thing we can do is look at past
new
>> TLPs to see how low activity has been to be accepted in the past.

>>> passage that explicitly states that the community is concerned about the
>>> lack of activity and is taking measures to attempt to remedy the
situation.

>>> I've added these bits:
>>>
>>> Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
>>>
>>>  1. Chukwa wiki is currently hosted in Hadoop subproject, it may be good
>>> to move it fully independent of Hadoop wiki.
>>>  2. Overall activity is dwindling.  The podling needs to grow its active
>>> community.
>>>
>>> Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
>>> aware of?
>>>
>>>  * The podling is still working on increasing community activity.  It's
>>> hoped that the addition of three new committers will help.
>>>
>>> Feel free to voice your opinion if you disagree with these entries.
>>>

>> I've made a slight tweak to have it sound less negative.
>
> The change completely removed the concern about the dwindling activity
that two mentors, and I'm sure that others, are now recently concerned
about.  I will put it back.

The change was just to replace'dwindled' with 'low' which is consistent
with how other poddlings describe these sort of things. Whatever.

There was a discussion on general@ a while back where consensus was mentors
should leave the text of the report to the poddling and if mentors desired
they could add their own comments at the end with the shepherd comments. I
think that approach might work better here so let's try it for the next
reports.

  ...ant