Pig >> mail # user >> Find function with regexp

Find function with regexp
Hi all,
I found in pig latin a 'matches' operator for pattern matching.
I didn't find it in documentation but maybe there exists something similar
but for searching?
Basically in java world I would want to get the result of the
Matcher.find() method not Matcher.matches().
Will I have to end up writing my own UDF for that?

Thanks for help.

PS.
I'm trying to filter out strings with consecutive repeated characters. I've
constructed a regexp that detects them.
Now I just have to apply it somehow.
--
regards,