Accumulo >> mail # user >> Mappers for Accumulo

+
Aji Janis 2013-03-08, 18:11
+
Mike Hugo 2013-03-08, 18:17
+
Aji Janis 2013-03-08, 21:17
+
Keith Turner 2013-03-09, 00:02
+
Aji Janis 2013-03-11, 20:47
Re: Mappers for Accumulo
So you want both auto adjusting and not auto adjusting depending on the
size of a range? I suppose you could lift the code for doing the adjusting,
and do some introspection on the ranges (such as "how may tablets do I have
in this range?") and apply as necessary.

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 4:47 PM, Aji Janis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So looks like doing a List<Range> is what I need so that I can have a
> mapper per range. However, a more interesting scenario is one when given a
> big range I want to split it into multiple ranges. In other words if my
> rowid was 1_hello, 2_hello, .... 9_hello, 10_hello. And the range given was
> 2 to 5. But i want one mapper per integer so 4 mappers in this case... any
> ideas on how I can accomplish that?
>

> Thanks all for suggestions.
>

> On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 7:02 PM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 4:17 PM, Aji Janis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > Thank you. Follow up question.
>> >
>> > Would this enforce one mapper per range even if all the data (From three
>> > ranges) is on one node/tablet?
>>
>> Look at disableAutoAdjustRanges(). This determines wether it creates a
>> mapper per tablet per range OR per range.

>> its
>> the

>> 5] ,
>> way I