From: yiyu jia [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 09 November 2012 20:41
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Kundera 2.2 released

Thanks for info. I skim over the FAQ of Kundera. I found this:

*Q:* OK...OK...I understand simplicity, ease of use and all that stuff, but
what about flexibility and power that I am accustomed to while using that
plain vanilla low level library like thrift?
*A:* We understand JPA was built for relational databases and may not
always provide you ways to perform functions (many times with certain
tweaks) that are NoSQL specific. That's the reason we introduced data-store
specific configuration in Kundera-2.0.7. For more on this, refer to
So, it looks like my suspection is reasonable and others asked same
question before already. Can we always mark yes for Kundera if we list out
all benefit of JPA 2.0 promised? If we can not, why Kundera is declared to
be JPA compatible?
On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 12:34 AM, Vivek Mishra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Have a look at:
> https://github.com/impetus-opensource/Kundera
> for more details on kundera.
>
> JPA is java persistence API. So w.r.t  HBase, still you can represent
> hbase table in same. Here is the link for kundera-hbase module:
> https://github.com/impetus-opensource/Kundera/tree/trunk/kundera-hbase
>
> -Vivek

* Mr. Jia Yiyu                                *
* Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]          *
* Web: http://yiyujia.blogspot.com/*

Neustar VP and Impetus CEO to present on ‘Innovative information services powered by Cloud and Big Data technologies’at Cloud Expo - Santa Clara, Nov 6th. http://www.impetus.com/events#2.

Check out Impetus contribution to build Luminar - a new business unit at Entravision. http://lf1.me/MS/