Pig, mail # user - Reconstruct the PhysicalPlan

+
Sarah Mohamed 2012-11-24, 00:53
+
Jonathan Coveney 2012-11-26, 21:09
+
Sarah Mohamed 2012-11-27, 00:09
Re: Reconstruct the PhysicalPlan
Jonathan Coveney 2012-11-28, 19:17
Sarah,

If you just want access to the "PhysicalPlan" (as in, that Object), then
take a look at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.Launcher
(a good example of an implementing class is
org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.MapReduceLauncher).

The PhysicalPlan object isn't super clean, but you can definitely get the
tree of operators from it.

Is that what you want?
2012/11/26 Sarah Mohamed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Yes, I need the physical plan for visualizing purpose. I think my question
> was not clear enough I was asking if I could have the physical plan as a
> tree/graph structure.
>
> What I did that I implemented the PigProgressNotificationListener interface
> and I built it myself, and this is what you mean right?
>
> Thanks you for your help.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Sarah M. Hassan
>

> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 11:09 PM, Jonathan Coveney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > What is your goal? When you say reconstruct, do you just mean get a
> handle
> > on the physical plan? You can make your own execution flag (ie extend the
> > interface behind local mode etc) and that method gives you the physical
> > plan.
> >

> > 2012/11/24 Sarah Mohamed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > > Peace be on you,
> > >
> > > Is there a way to reconstruct the Physical Plan from the
> PhyPlanVisitor ?
> > > Or I have to do it manually be getting it's  keys -and their entrySets
> > > (edges)- and leaves ?
> > >
> > > Any help would be really appreciated.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Regards,