Pig >> mail # user >> Cannot determine the output FILE name?

+
Baraa Mohamad 2012-06-14, 16:47
+
Norbert Burger 2012-06-14, 16:57
+
Baraa Mohamad 2012-06-14, 17:12
Re: Cannot determine the output FILE name?
No -- there's no concept of "part" files with HBaseStorage, since your data
is written directly into an HBase table.

Norbert

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Baraa Mohamad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> aha!!!!
> Thank you very much, it's nice to know that :)
>
> So that would be the same even when using HbaseStorage ?
>
> Thanks again for your explications
>
> regards
>
> Baraa
>
> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Norbert Burger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > Baraa -- this is standard Hadoop job functionality (that your job
> > destination is only a target dir, and the actual file names are
> > systematically generated).  Pig inherits this functionality.  You will
> have
> > 1 "part" file per reduce task of your final Hadoop job in the target
> > directory.
> >
> > Probably the easiest way to combine these files together is to issue a
> call
> > to "hadoop fs -getmerge" as you're extracting the files out of HDFS.
> >
> > Norbert
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Baraa Mohamad <
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'm wondering why I cannot precise the output file name
> > >
> > > for example:
> > >
> > > C = store user_results into 'tables/user.txt';
> > >
> > > this command create a *folder *with the name *user.txt* and inside it I
> > > find some file part-m-0000 who stores the needed results.
> > >
> > > My question is; can I determine the name of my output *file* and so
> that
> > > can store multiple files in the same directory (folder) , like
> > >

> > > C = store user_results into 'tables/user.txt';
> > > D = store client_results into 'tables/clients.txt';
> > >
> > > Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question but I really need your help to
> > > understand why is that not working with me
> > >
> > > thanks
> > >
> > > Baraa

Baraa Mohamad 2012-06-14, 17:37