Hadoop >> mail # user >> Dynamically adding nodes in Hadoop

Dynamically adding nodes in Hadoop
Hi,
 I am trying to add nodes dynamically to a running hadoop cluster.I started
tasktracker and datanode in the node. It works fine. But when some node
try fetch values ( for reduce phase) it fails with unknown host exception.
When i add a node to running cluster do i have to add its hostname to all
nodes (slaves +master) /etc/hosts file? Or some other way is there?
--
Join me at http://hadoopworkshop.eventbrite.com/