Sqoop, mail # dev - Newbie flag on Sqoop JIRA

Newbie flag on Sqoop JIRA
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2012-10-14, 22:28
Hi Sqoop developers,
I've noticed that some other projects are using tag "newbie" to identify simpler issues [1]. The motivation behind it seems to be encourage new contributors joining the project by recommending simpler issues that do not require deep knowledge of the project or sophisticated changes across the code base. I've liked the idea so I put that tag to some our opened issues [2] and updated HowToContribute wiki page [3]. Please do not hesitate to contact me in case that you have any questions or concerns!

Jarcec

Links:
1: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=labels+%3D+%22newbie%22
2: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=labels+%3D+%22newbie%22+and+project+%3D+sqoop+and+status+%3D+open