Zookeeper >> mail # user >> ZK fsync warning

+
Narayanan A R 2012-11-27, 07:43
+
Patrick Hunt 2012-11-27, 07:47
Re: ZK fsync warning
Does this warning mean a: the log is too big, b: zk is competing with another process for disk access, c: other?

How should one respond to the warning?

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 27, 2012, at 2:47 AM, Patrick Hunt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 11:43 PM, Narayanan A R
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Have you seen this before?
>>
>> 2012-11-25 16:01:08,074 [myid:1] - WARN  [SyncThread:1:FileTxnLog@321] -
>> fsync-ing the write ahead log in SyncThread:1 took 1470ms which will
>> adversely effect operation latency. See the ZooKeeper troubleshooting guide
>>
>> I am running ZK cluster of size 3 in a VM.
>
> Yes, I added it recently to highlight situations where environment
> could adversely effect ZK latency.
>
> Patrick
+
Patrick Hunt 2012-11-27, 17:42