Hive >> mail # user >> Compression of Intermediate Data

+
Hadi Moshayedi 2012-10-06, 13:55
+
Bejoy KS 2012-10-06, 15:32
Re: Compression of Intermediate Data
Hi Bejoy,
  Thanks.

  Following your instructions, I also enabled map output compression.

  I tried different queries but I couldn't get the benefit from compression
in any single of them. I also tried creating queries which have large
intermediate data, but it didn't improve the performance for them either.

  I should also note that our Hadoop cluster is setup at few Amazon EC2
m2.2xlarge instances.

  Question is: What are the scenarios in which compression can improve the
performance?
 Thanks,
   -- Hadi