Hive >> mail # user >> How does hive decide to launch how many map tasks?

How does hive decide to launch how many map tasks?
Hi, all

How does hive decide to launch how many map tasks?
I know there are some configs to help hive to decide how many reduce
task to launch?
But how about map tasks?

I thought that number of map tasks equals to the number of the store files.
I have a table now with 2 partitions, and one has 4 files in it, the
other has 2,
when I execute "select count(*) from table", only one map is launched.

How can I increase the number of map tasks to improve the performance?

Thanks.

--

Regards,
Cheng Su